St. Edmund's Stables, Upper Vobster, Somerset, BA3 5SA

Home | Availability | Accommodation ( Double Bedroom, Twin Bedroom, Living Room and Kitchen, Bathroom ) | Links

Accommodation


Patio - Quite Location Near Bath

St. Edmund's Stables is perfectly situated in a quiet location. With its westerly aspect. Formerly, outbuildings to the main house the Stables has been refurbished to offer you a comfortable and relaxing stay.

St. Edmund's Stables is single-storey, with oak beams, doors and flooring throughout the common areas and bedrooms. Underfloor heating keeps the Stables at a constant comfortable temperature.

The Stables has been luxuriously furnished throughout, with plush beds and sheepskin rugs in the bedrooms, leather suite in the living area, and clean white bathrooms supplied with softened water.

The kitchen is comprehensively equiped with dishwasher and electric hob and oven. Bed-linen, towels,kitchen washing-up equipment and detergents are provided. Liquid soap is provided. A washer/dryer is provided for laundry, as well as iron&board and airer. Ecover dishwasher tablets and laundry detergents are also provided.

Vobster is on the edge of the Mendip Hills and former Somerset coalfield and has a rich industrial heritage. There were a couple of shafts dug for coal mining, and breech mine and kilns in Lower Vobster. Vobster quarry, once mined for limestone, is now flooded to a depth of 30m and hosts Vobster Dive School. Neighbouring villages Mells and Kilmersdon are feudal (owned by the Lord of the Manor), owned by the Asquith and Jolliffe families, respectively. Mells was home to the Fussell family which supplied iron tools to the British Empire from the late eighteenth century. Formula One driver, Jenson Button, was born and brought up in Vobster before moving to Frome.

St. Edmund's Stables is carbon positive: heating and hot-water are derived from our ground-source heat pump. The building generates 20% of it's electricity, the other 80% supplied by 100% renewables source, Good Energy.

Home | Availability | Accommodation ( Double Bedroom, Twin Bedroom, Living Room and Kitchen, Bathroom ) | Links

St. Edmund's Stables, Upper Vobster, Somerset, BA3 5SA. Telephone: 01373 813164.
eMail: enquiries@stedmundstables.co.uk

Copyright 2010 St Edmund's Stables | www.profws.co.uk